Thursday 17 April 2014

Lace Edge Applique Cushion

Oh look! Another applique cushion! These seem to feature fairly frequently on my blog...
Anyway this one is actually for me, I don't usually keep stuff I make.
This one is made with a large applique rabbit, using bondaweb and free motion embroidery for the main body, in a Liberty print fabric none the less! Then the fur tail was added with zigzag stitch applique.
After the success of the bobbles on the butterfly cushion I thought I would experiment with adding other things into the edges, and went for some lace in this one, it took several attempts to make sure it was caught in the seam the whole way along, but I think it's quite effective.
I used an embroidery stitch in a darker colour on the hem of the envelope on the back this time as well.




1 comment: